Join the party.
You know who we are. You know what we do. So why not work with us? We're looking for talented individuals to join our team. Take a look below to see if you're a match. We are also always willing to take on volunteers and interns, across any of the fields in which we work.
The Content Farm is also currently accepting pitches in all media, all genres, and all forms. Submit your idea below!
Television Writer (Non-Fiction)
The Content Farm, a rapidly growing DC-based TV development production company, is looking for a creative screenwriter, ideally one with experience in writing for animated projects. For this project we’re looking for someone to help craft the treatment and a shooting script. The work would commence immediately, and the end product will be a roughly 15-minute animated narrative (educational and, ideally, humorous and designed for an adult audience) that our award-winning animator will bring to life. This project will air on PBS and major streaming services – with A-List talent! – in late 2017.
- Possess a diverse set of writing skills, the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, and a creative vision and voice.
- Outstanding communication skills, a sense of humor, flexibility and passion for the cause – in this case, music education.
- If interested, please reply with: a resume; an introduction or cover letter; a reel and a list of your projects and experiences.
We're seeking an experienced and well-connected fundraiser who has experience raising funds from top-level contacts at organizations, philanthropies, corporations, foundations, companies, and sole individuals. Ideally, we'd like someone with media sales experience, and someone with national brand, agency, foundation, and other connections to seek funding for various non-profit public media programs. You will be working on several interesting and exciting programs, all with top-level talent and commitments to broadcast from public and streaming TV.
- Approaching corporate partners for traditional media sales and/or integrated and content marketing opportunities
- Researching and approaching foundations, corporations and major gift prospects, including writing grant requests, proposal letters, budgets and presentations, with the purpose of securing philanthropic support
- Managing a master calendar for all proposal and grant activity, to include submitted proposals and grant requests and track all prospects.
Work will not immediately be full-time, and you're welcome to take on other clients. Pay will include a mix of a retainer, generous bonus plan, profit participation in the programs, and production credits for the right candidate.
- Possess top-level contacts at organizations, philanthropies, foundations, companies, and other funding sources.
- Expert writing and communication skills with a strong appreciation for and understanding of the company’s mission.
- Ability to think and act independently and creatively to significantly broaden organization’s relationships with donors.
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A tireless work ethic and outstanding communication skills.
- A good personality, a desire to learn, and a demonstrated commitment of responsible work is required.
- Must be living in the Washington DC or NYC area.
- Previous experience in the entertainment or arts industry is preferred, but not required.
The Content Farm is currently accepting pitches in all media, all genres and all forms! Submit your Grammy/Emmy/Oscar/Webby winning idea below!